RE: Alignment Specs

To: <PhastPhill@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alignment Specs
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:17:28 -0700
Phil - Opinions abound on this subject, but your pick of camber (-0.5) and
caster (+4) in my experience are about right for the street. More caster
will improve handling, and the only downside is increased steering
resistance. You may not be able to get even +4 with only upper A-arm shims
though without going more than -0.5 in camber. That's why some shim the
whole crossmember. I recommend against negative toe for the street; it makes
the car hunt. Stick with slight positive toe.

Flipping the rotor doesn't do anything per se. Doane did it so that he could
move the steering arms outboard, which does help the Ackerman situation. Of
course, longer arms help too, but increase turning radius.

My $0.02

Bob