RE: Help For Tiger Owner's Nighttime CSS Disease

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Help For Tiger Owner's Nighttime CSS Disease
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:43:36 -0600
I use Nighthawk 9003's in my Tundra. They work well and give perceptibly
whiter and brighter light. I'm actually on my second set because the first
pair failed within a week of each other, after about 12 months of use. Sure
hope that's not part of the normal operating cost...

However, for the Tiger I installed Bosch H4 conversions years ago and would
never go back to sealed-beam headlights because the Bosch units put the
light where it's actually useful.  What I really want for when I get the car
back on the road is a HID projector and high beam array that fits in a 7"
light mount. Having to make more room behind the standard light bucket would
be OK.

And yes, I am still working toward LED instrument lighting. I have a new
design that should allow proper dimming control - I just have to prototype
it up.
Theo