Re: Tiger Engine--Too lean mixture???

To: <j.brawley@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tiger Engine--Too lean mixture???
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@ntelos.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 15:40:13 -0400
John,
Sounds like air is getting into your exhaust system - possibly a leak at the
headers or someplace downstream in the exhaust line.  When you back off, air
is sucked into the exhaust system and provides enough oxygen to ignite the
exhaust gases.  The result is usually a sharp popping sound - actually a
backfire of sorts.  Suggest you check for possible leaks.

Will Seay - B382001570