Rear axle hub removal

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear axle hub removal
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:39:33 -0700
Hi all,
Just in case anyone is struggling (or is about to) with pulling the hubs
on their rear axle I'd like to remind you of Dan Walters' excellent
article on the Tigers United website at
<http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/WaltersPuller/rt-WaltersHubPuller1.asp>.
I built a much-inferior imitation of his puller in a couple of evenings
on my milling machine, but it was still good enough that I got a hub off
in less than 20 minutes from the time I rolled the jack under the car.
Admittedly, that was the second hub, and I rebuilt the puller's hub
plate between doing the first and the second hubs, but neither one
required any hammering, prying, or scary torque application on the hub
flange.

Thanks, Dan, for publishing your hub puller design.

Theo