Re: Distributor installation

To: Tiger Email List <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Distributor installation
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 8:17:11 -0600
Mike:

As has been pointed out already, there is a keeper on the oil pump drive shaft
that will keep it from coming out with the distributor.  And, as was correctly
pointed out, if that keeper were not there, there would be a significant chance
of dropping the distributor drive shaft into the pan when you removed the
distributor.

It is simply a matter of stabbing it until it finally goes.  I've always had
luck with smearing a little white lithium grease on the bottom of my
distributor prior to reassembly.  It seems to at least help the shaft center up
into the distributor easier.

My two cents worth,
Andy Walker
B382001600LRXFE