RE: modern Tiger

To: "'rande'" <rande@thecia.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: modern Tiger
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:52:45 -0500
I think this discussion went the wrong way.  I'd say that the modern car
most like the Tiger is any poorly assembled, unsorted, Cobra kit.  Loud,
lacking in comfort compared to its contemporaries, minimal luggage
space, in need of constant fiddling and adjustment, marginal weather
sealing, scary handling, poorly matched parts, suspensions threatening
to fall to bits at the next corner, etc.  All the quirks we've come to
love.

Miatas, S2000, Corvette, that Pontiac/Saturn thing?  They have AC and
cool sound systems, tops that actually keep the rain out while going up
and down easily, are comfortable for long distances, handle
exceptionally well, and don't leave a trail of parts behind them.  What
fun is that?

Stu