Re: EFI that bolts on

To: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Subject: Re: EFI that bolts on
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 08:43:19 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen- I have access to two wrecked Mk7 Lincoln
sports coupes. They came stock w/a 5.0 HO engine,
including factory headers. I'm thinking the right
person and his laptop could reprogram the computer to
delete the unneeded parts of the system. Installing a
mass air indicator, the in tank fuel pump( don't know
about a return line) and any other sensors, like the
O2 etc etc. I really am limited in knowledge
concerning EFI systems, since everything Ive ever
owned had a carb, except for the Mk7 and the wrecked
parts car I bought for a HO Tiger engine and spares
for the Mk7 I was driving- by the way, it was an 88
and one hell of a fine car- an employee totaled it
while digging thru my console looking for something to
steal- my diagnosis of the wreck- he ran off the road
and instead of slowing down and driving back on he
jerked the wheel(witnesses) and started doing the"from
one side to the other" until he rolled the car down an
embankment. Even worse I had sent him with the van and
trailer and the Grasshopper to start a job(very large
yard and 4 hours of weedeating. He worked while I
waited on an insurance guy and he requested the day
off to check on a baby being given up for adoption by
the Mother and he thought he was the father. Later
learned he just wanted Friday off early since it was
payday. He contracted aids and is no longer around.
God does work in strange ways-ENOUGH non Beam related
crap- back to I do believe the wiring harness can be
used, just cut out the unnecessary wires- a god Ford
dealer will loan you the book they have for that car(
I still have the one I borrowed BUT the parts man is a
friend of mine) and it has a color coded wiring
diagram and I'm sure Theo and or Doc, can tell us
exactly which sensors are required. One has to come
from the exhaust manifold gases, so the put-er can
adjust how rich the system and WELL, I wont give any
indications of how dumb I really am, I will pass the
ball to our sharper members. I'm interested in trying
to see if the intake will fit, since that appears to
be the main problem besides hood clearance. Input is
welcomed and saved. stupid guys got smarter by trial
and error- I know, I'm one. Happy Turkey day to all of
our Members, may God Bless everyone table with family
and may we all give THANKS for the wonderful life we
share by the Love of God and Sunbeams. Peace,
TonytheTiger in southern IL.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre