Boot Lid Problem - Restored and other half truths.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Boot Lid Problem - Restored and other half truths.
From: Jeffrey Nichols <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:16:49 -0800 (PST)
Yeah, I have bought parts that were not exactly as advertised.  Once I bought a
set of Spax shocks listed as brand new for the front pair, slightly used (less
than 1,000 miles) rear shocks from a well known used part supplier.  The rear
shocks were yellow with Spax stickers and adjusters but the front were some
type of unused generic blue painted shocks.  When I asked the seller why the
blue shocks, he replied "Is there a difference?"

  Another time I bought a set of "working" original horns.  One was DOA  and
the other squeaked a pathetic beep.  Of course the seller said they worked
before sending and blamed the ham handed mail handlers.

  Too many time to count I've seen cars listed as "rust free and restored" with
enough Bondo to make a 60's corvette proud.

                Jeff