RE: Consumer Applied High Temp Exhaust Coatings

To: "'drmayf'" <drmayf@mayfco.com>, "'LSR'" <land-speed@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Consumer Applied High Temp Exhaust Coatings
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 22:43:42 -0500
Mayf
        There are some 1200 degree F paint cans on the market.  I believe
Dupli-color and VHT make them but you have to put the parts in an over at
300 or 400 degrees F for an hour or so; you need to read the directions on
the cans carefully.   Eastwood catalog lists their manifold paints as high
temp, 1200 degrees which is a just paint on, in spray can or pint can.
There is also BBQ grille or stove paint which I think is 1000 or 1100 degree
F and is just a spray on paint.   Not sure any would really stand up to
turbo heat or Bonneville.   I don't think any paint has higher temp rating.

I suggest you do a Google search of high temp paint.

Ron Fraser