Dale's Springs

To: <JHef101@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dale's Springs
From: <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:39:47 -0500
I installed a set of his springs last spring (no pun intended).  They are
stiffer then stock.   I forgot the spring rate but call Dale and he can tell
you.  My original springs were cracked on both sides on the main leaf so the
ride was softer than normal with bottoming on large bumps.  After installing
Dale's springs the ride is more jiggly and on certain roads it feels like I
will get bounced out of the car.  It is a strange affect and I'm not sure how
to cure it.  I have Spax shocks  and they may need adjusting to stop the
unwanted ride characteristics.

At the same time I bought Dale's I had a set of springs from Vic Brit.  These
were very well made and overall the quality was better than Dale's.  Vic Brit
are made in UK by British Springs and they have a web site.  I was told these
are slightly stiffer than stock but have one less leaf than the Rootes
version.  I installed Dales because his springs have a extra half leaf mounted
from the front spring eye to the axel to stop wheel hop.  The only other
solution for wheel hop is to use Traction Master bars which cause problems
with suspension geometry.

You can try to get your springs re-arched but I have heard that the arching
doesn't hold over time.

                                                        Jeff