RE: spare tires

To: "'Norm Shaw'" <nr.shaw@shaw.ca>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: spare tires
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:36:12 -0500
Norm
        Are you talking about the current Temporary Spare most vehicles have
today?

Late model Mustangs with 4 lug wheels have the same bolt pattern and the
temporary spare is about 23" in diameter.
You might have to do some machining to get that rim to fit the front hub or
a spacer would probably be OK.

I have been told that the Ford Focus also used this bolt pattern but I have
not confirmed that.

Personally, I would take a stock steel wheel and mount the cheapest tire I
could find for the spare tire.  Temporary spare tires are only good for
about 50 miles; even a cheap tire will let you travel thousands of miles if
need be as long as you don't push it's limits.

Ron Fraser