Re: timing advance

To: Tigerman <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: timing advance
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:53:52 -0800
Steve, (from Steve)

I purchased a Ford vacuum advance timing kit from Accell.  It had a
selection of springs.  I found a mechanic who still had a vacuum advance
equipped timing machine.  The "plain" colored distributor springs were
used to allow "all-in" by 2500 rpm.  The total advance was correct in
the original weights and limits.  There was a spring change in the
vacuum system. Check to make sure your carb vacuum advance port is clear
and functioning on your carb.  I replaced the vacuum canister with an
Accell replacement that had an adjustable setting.  This allows some
significant advance under no-load conditions, without any "pinging".

Good fortune,

Steve

___
Steve Laifman