RE: 5 bolt hub and rear disc conversion

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 5 bolt hub and rear disc conversion
From: "Theo Smit" <theo.smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:53:16 -0700
I guess it's a tossup as to whether it's easier to convert the Tiger hubs to
5 bolt than it is to convert the wheels to 4-bolt...

The 4 bolt Turbo Coupe setup should be bolt pattern compatible with the
Tiger, so definitely don't throw that stuff out with the rest of the car if
you can avoid it. At the very least, you can save yourself the core charge
on exchange calipers. When I got these rear calipers the parts guy let me
exchange a pair of Corolla rear calipers (appropriately discounted, but it
still saved me about $75 on the cost of getting the calipers outright).

Keep the hydraulic and handbrake hardware as well - if nothing else it will
save you a bunch of money for clips and widgets that are hard to get and
even harder to describe to the parts guy at your local Auto Zone.

If you can, part the T-Bird out on eBay - you'll probably make enough to buy
a whole lot of Tiger goodies.

Theo