Clutch Disc Replacement

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Clutch Disc Replacement
From: Scott Rekate <srekate@pacifier.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 08:05:37 -0700
Greetings All,

In the last six months I've been in the process of changing out my
non-original 289 w/ toploader the PO had installed.  The new
replacement choice is a 302 stroked out to 331 CID in combo with a WC-
T5.  After my first maiden voyage a small oil leak was discovered and
it was suspected the rear mail seal had been breached.  I took the
engine back to the original builder to iron out.  Now my issues are
with the oil soaked clutch disc replacement.  I am reusing various
parts from the 289 such as the 160 tooth flyweel w/ 28 oz. imbalance,
original clutch slave, newer looking long style pressure plate (6
spring,no ID stamping), and assumed older style TO bearing pressed on
a steel plate that clips on the fork.

My quest is to replace just the disc and TO bearing,  but in
researching a choice it seems not as easy a task.  Given the added
horses and T5 I would suspect to obtain a good hook relates to the
right application.  Did I mention I'm feeling too cheap to throw out
the existing pressure plate?

Amongst the vast knowledge of this list can anyone assist me in
determining the proper applications.

FYI:  Rich at SS told me their not dealing with Centerforce anymore.

Thanks in advance,
Scott
B382000659