RE: Mirror location

To: "'Steinman, Bill'" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mirror location
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 13:39:52 -0400
Just a hint:  I have Talbot style mirrors on my doors, and neither can
be adjusted so that I can see anything useful.  Mine are flat, but I
tried adding some stick on convex mirrors, the same size as the
originals, and these too were useless.  They were just too convex.  I'm
not sure that even slightly convex Talbots could be adjusted to do
anything useful on the doors.  And the further the mirrors are from your
eyes, out on the fenders, the less you can see with them, even if
convex.  Make sure you try them carefully before drilling any holes.

In retrospect I wish I had abandoned the Talbots completely and filled
the holes before I painted.  But I hadn't driven it much at that point.
I have a much larger clip on mirror that I added to the original
interior mirror, that gives me a fairly good view all around.  Clip it
on for driving, remove for the concours.  I saw a slightly convex
version of the same thing at Target last week, that should give even a
better view.

Stu