Re: Radiator Flush

To: motoys2001@comcast.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiator Flush
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 23:30:12 EDT
Yes I'm still alive.  Just got back from the IN SAAC Spring  Fling.
Great weather.  Great cars.  Great time was had by all.

My old company Nalco Chemical is the world's largest Speciality
Chemical Company.  We specialized in products that clean and prevent
scale, corrosion, algae, etc from cooling systems.  Electric  companies
use our products to prevent problem with the boilers. Nuke plants
don't like shutting down because their boilers need cleaning.

Anyway we make cleaning product for the Auto industry vended through
out captive subsidiary 'Penray' and 'Supertech'. Used mainly by  Semi's
and large off road diesel equipment.  Its called 'COOLTECH'.   Comes
in a black quart bottle.  Should be available at a truck stop.

You add it to your coolant and drive on for about a week. That's  the
key.  Our chemists had a poor opinion of 'quick'  15 minute  flushes.
Drive it for the week and flush until clean.  Then add your choice of  50-50
 antifreeze.

Then add a 12 oz bottle of 'COOLTECH2'  This purple product  prevents
silicates from partcipating out and forming the 'green goo' you see
under your radiator cap.  Once formed no quick flush will  dissolve
the silicates.  The 'COOLTECH' will over time.

The bad news is 'COOLTECH' cleans your entire cooling system
from deposits by putting tehm into solution to be flushed after a  week.
That means if you have calcite or silicate deposits that are
preventing leaks (such as in your heater core).it will begin leaking
again.

If the COOLTECH and power flushes don't fix the problem.  Time  to
pull the radiator and take it to a pro.  Even then some of the  silicates
can't be removed.  Then its time for a new core.

One final note.  Do not leave COOLTECH in you system  permanently.

The Ghant cooling filters work great in keeping the system clean
and capturing the silicates as they form.  Where do the  silicates
come from?  Say thank you to Prestone for having silicone in  their
products.  A necessary evil to prevent corrosion from  dis-similar
metals in the engine.  (Aluminum head, cast iron block, etc).   Also
lubes the water pump.  I have no answer to this other than a
Ghant filer and COOLTECH2.

Say Good Night Gracie.

Dave