Re: "Silver State" 70 mile race

To: lpaulick@comcast.net, tsmit@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: "Silver State" 70 mile race
From: "Robert Bridgeford" <bobbridgeford@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 07:39:21 -0700
For the unlimited class the use of racing tires is mandatory, with the
exception that certain DOT tires "known to SSCC" which have been tested at
higher than the DOT speeds may be approved.

In four years with two different C-5's I had no mechanical problems.  I
drove one round-trip from my home in central Oregon with the trip computer
on and averaged 32.1 mpg, includng the race and a practice run for the race.
  Try that in your hybrid!  The only "weak point" in the C-5's was a concern
about diff overheating. Some guys installed coolers, I simply changed to
Redline lubes and had no troubles.

Best,

Bob

Bob Bridgeford