Re: 15 inch fan

To: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Subject: Re: 15 inch fan
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:30:26 -0700
Tod,

I am using the Ford Canadian built fan (C4DE-8600-A)  intended (I think)
the Pinto.  The blades must be carefully trimmed (ground, not snipped to
prevent blade cracking) about 1/2 inch to clear the fan shroud.  There
was not need to change the location with a spacer.  I works great, but
does require careful diameter change.  I was also installing new motor
mounts, and found I had not accounted for the increased height of the
new mounts, causing some rubbing of those finely trimmed blades.  The
steering rack seemed to have done a uniform job of reducing the diameter
so it fir, but I would not recommend this.

See "The Water Pump Fan" portion.

http://www.tigersunited.com/techtips/SteveLaifmanValance/pt-SteveLaifmanValance1.asp

and lot's of other "Cool" stuff as well.  These upgrades have eliminated
long, bumper to bumper, uphill 105 degree day overheating.

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com