Re: Tech Information help please

To: "Lewis Gooch" <lgooch@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Tech Information help please
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 08:54:54 -0700
At 10:16 PM 6/8/2007, you wrote:
>Concerning the tailshaft housing from an '82 AMC spirit used in the tiger 5
>speed conversion. Is it the 5 speed or the 4 speed trans tailhousing?. And is
>the housing  Borg Warner #13 52 066 90?? Thanks for any help on this
>information

Well, the part number ends in 901 not 90 and is for a T5 Borg Warner
5 speed,   You also need several other associated BW parts including
the shift shaft to go with it.  But why would you want one?  My Tiger
Retrofit T5 Kit shown on my web site, shown below, replaces this
ultra rare piece and I've engineered out essentially all of the
shortcomings of the AMC casting.  You no longer have to put up with
the leaky speedometer assembly and you can use current production
internal and external speedometer gears to match your differential ratio.

My web site shows both the procedures and pictorial details of
transmission assembly and installation into a Tiger without
cutting.  My initial production run of 30 units is all but sold and
I'm getting ready to produce more of my custom tailhousing
castings.  Let me know is you want to reserve one of these for you.

Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC
www.tigerengineering.net