RE: question for all you rocket scientists

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>, "'Paul Memont'"
Subject: RE: question for all you rocket scientists
From: "Robert Palmer" <rpalmerbob@adelphia.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:07:19 -0700
Theo,

I would add another factor that's affecting the heat generated, and that's
compression. Although the compression ratio stays the same, the absolute
compression (lbs/in2) goes lower at higher altitudes. As we probably all
well know, higher compression engines need more cooling; less heat goes out
the tail pipe and more goes into the radiator (and to the rear wheels in
terms of improved efficiency I should probably add).

Bob