Smoking Left Front Brake

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Smoking Left Front Brake
From: <gharlowe@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 13:42:46 -0400
Listers -

I now have the first very cautious miles on B382001466 after a 4.5 year
overhaul.  The brakes at the wheels were not touched in the overhaul other
than to bleed them after removing and reinstalling all brake lines and
rebuilding the master cylinder.  I returned from yesterday's 5 mile checkout
ride with smoke coming from the LF brake, and a strong hot brake odor.  I'm
not a brake expert, but some internet searches on symptoms pointed toward a
sticking caliper/piston.  I was able to remove the caliper, and I'm tempted
to take the caliper and a rebuild kit to a brake shop.

Are there any other diagnoses or recommendations?  Can anyone recommend a
kit from a McParts store?

Thanks as always,

Graham Harlowe

B382001466 (finally on the move again)