RE: 260 Buildup Part 1

To: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>,
Subject: RE: 260 Buildup Part 1
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:21:53 -0600
Hi Tim,
I've heard that Doane built his "260" using a sleeved 289 block. That
approach gives you significantly thicker effective cylinder walls and
would allow notching of the bores at the top without as much worry about
hitting the cooling passages. He reportedly achieved 360 BHP, and if
that's accurate he must have used every trick in the book plus several
others. According to the various writeups I've read about his campaign
with the Tiger, Rootes didn't get all of the engine that he ran in the
Tiger when the contract expired, since he figured he shouldn't have to
teach anyone else how to build fast Ford engines.

Best regards,
Theo