[Tigers] Value Debate

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Value Debate
From: "Steinman, Bill" <wsteinman@pogolaw.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 08:09:56 -0400
Here's a question that has occured to me concerning the discussion of value.
I'm curious how people think of their Tigers.  For me, the Tiger is a little
British sports car, and its primary competiton (in terms of valur, but also
what it competed against in the show room back in the day) are big Healeys,
Triumphs, MGs, Lotus.   I don't think that the car was really in Jag, AC and
Aston territory then, and I think Lord Rootes would have agreed.   If I recall
the history correctly, the Tiger came about not only to create an amazing
sports machine in its own right (and at that they succeeded wildly), but to
fend off the Sunbeam badge's primary competition. Look what was happening in
the mid-Sixties.   Healeys went from rough roadster to convertible with the BJ7
and then the donwright elegant BJ8, and increased horsepower.  Triumph had
plans to introduce IRS, and in truth had a more nimble car in the TR4.  Rumors
abounded about the forthcoming MGC and its six-cylinder engine.   They needed
to make a car that compete.  And yes, there was a desire to nip at Jag's heels,
but as direct competition?

Anyway, viewed through that lense, the Tiger is doing very well in terms of
value, and also gets a lot of attention.

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have
received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also, please indicate to the
sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy
you received.

IRS CIRCULAR 230 Disclosure:  Under U.S. Treasury regulations, we are required
to inform you that any tax advice contained in this e-mail or any attachment
hereto is not intended to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid penalties
imposed under the Internal Revenue Code.

Thank you.