Re: [Tigers] Flowmaster Help

To: lewis gooch <lgooch@satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Flowmaster Help
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 21:22:26 -0600
Hi Lewis,
You'd better really like the sound of your Tiger, as well as sharing
that sound, because if Flowmaster says "it's the most aggressive,
deepest sounding" muffler they have, it's going to be LOUD. I used their
50 series Delta flow mufflers, 2" center-in, center-out (their part#
942050) and I like the sound. They just fit between the stock front
exhaust hangers (just behind the rear part of the X under the car) and
the rear axle tube - the rear muffler flange is under the axle.

You can also use side-out outlets, but I think that if you use anything
but center in then you'll probably end up hitting either the springs or
the driveshaft. The tubing diameter should match what you're using on
the rest of the exhaust. There is a big loudness difference between
2.25" and 2.5" so again you want to be careful about what you go with
there.

Good luck,
Theo