Re: [Tigers] LAT 9 Wheels

To: gammaman@mokancomm.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LAT 9 Wheels
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:11:43 EDT
I own 5 LAT-9's that have been on my car for years.  I got them  after
selling my set of JAP Magna wheels to Uncle Wally

What are they worth.  Depends on a lot of things.

Are they uncut/  A lot of owners cut the Tiger head off so the  could
balance the wheel with tires.  The aluminum is quite soft and  many
wheel bear deep scratches from tire irons being before modern
machines can mount and dismount tires without a hole.

Balancing is the big issue.  The lack of center hole makes its
very difficult.  I understand that possibly SAAB wheels have no
center holes.  I use an old gearhead that still has a strobe  light
balancer that works and spins them on the car.

The other big problem is they are 13 inch wheels. Finding
H rated or better tires has become a treasure hunt.

Whate are they worth.  Look at what SS is selling his excellent
LAT 70 repros.  I think they are worth at least as  much. Maybe
more since no one in his right mind is reproducing them

I like my LAT 9's  The rarity is appreciated by fellow owners.

Dave,  looking for new tires to put on his LAT 9's.  Need  5.