Re: [Tigers] Hood Release - Bonnet Pull

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hood Release - Bonnet Pull
From: Theodore Brown <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 12:38:51 -0400
Hello All:

The first Tiger I ever drove was at the dealer in New Haven, CT, the summer
before I bought
mine.  It was at the dealer's because the bonnet pull had broken and they
were trying to
figure out how to get the bonnet open to fix it.  Since then, I have been
careful to try to
avoid that problem.  My solution on my MkIA, which has the cable pull, is
to take a piece
of fairly stiff wire and attach it to the release mechanism under the hood
and then thread
the wire through the hole(s) under the dash to a point adjacent to the
release handle under
the cubby box.  That way, if the cable does break, (and by doing this you
will insure that
it never will, ;>)), you have a redundant system that will allow you to
release the bonnet.

Thanks to all who sent me advice on where to find the O-rings for the
instruments.

Tod
B382002384LRXFE