Re: [Tigers] FW: Complete List - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time -

To: stubrennan@comcast.net, mrlau@charter.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] FW: Complete List - The 50 Worst Cars of All Time -
From: PhastPhill@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:48:44 EDT
How bad were the first Jap bikes? Those of us who raced "fine European"
machines thought they were junk. But gosh the brakes always worked,  unlike my
Bultaco whose brakes disappeared just looking at the first water  hole. And the
clutch worked all day with two fingers!! Unlike my Husky which  took a full
hand to pull. And they started easily unlike "tickling your Amal on  my
Triumph.
And a Mikuni carb actually worked.....try an IRZ  on an OSSA or  Jikilov  on a
CZ sometime. They did have to improve.....but boy did they  soon get it. It
was an award just to finish an enduro in the 60's cause the  bikes were so bad.
Now almost all finish and it's the rider that's the weak  link......lol...Oh
parts, on my Montesa it was the next slow boat from  Barcelona, Honda had it
in stock.