[Tigers] First Drive and Shifter Handle

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] First Drive and Shifter Handle
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 18:50:42 -0700 (PDT)
Well big day today, got up, vacuumed out the seat rot from the foam that is
decomposing and drove to the gas station and filled the Tiger up. Average warm
day in the San Fernando Valley today, and the new Griffin Aluminum radiator
worked great, I have a shroud,  but took it off, running a small fiberglass
fan that will likely get replaced by one of the 6 blade Ford ones I picked up
in EPAY. Never saw over 190 stop and go and off the freeway ran below that
most of the time during the afternoon. Successful ride, drove out to Glendale
to work on another yet another car I have, finished, and drove back. Didn't
overheat, brakes worked, etc. I think the toughest part of the day was folding
up the top and not flooring the car :-) Man I love this little car, just needs
some TLC and a motor!

Now a question, one part that is broken that I can't
find is the reverse lock out lever in the shifter. I have a 'Nail' with some
tape on it. Does anyone make it (The T part) ? Or the complete shifter handle?
Looks very close to the mustang except for the mustang has the bend back where
the Tiger has almost a straight shifter (slight bend back). Can one be cut up
(64 looks like it might work, but would have to measure)?

Sandy