[Tigers] Sunbeam on eBay, Im done....

To: "Tigers@Autox. Team. Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Sunbeam on eBay, Im done....
From: "William Lau" <mrlau@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:37:17 -0500
Theo,
   That would not be heavy handed. If it isn't a real Tiger, who has to be
the one who gets it last.  If he bought it "unaware" it is his problem
because he is no longer unaware and should have done his homework as we all
have to when we buy something. Caveat Emptor as they say which we all know
means buyer beware.  Since we are all aware of it now, it is our
responsibility to keep him from "passing it on" which is basically fraud
now.  This country is in too much of a PC mode and we all need a dose of
truth.  When we as Americans see any kind of fraud, intentional or not, it
is ours to give voice. This fellow has gotten so many Emails from the guys
here that he is beyond doubt now.  When I had an Alger and it was in car
shows I never had letters on it because I didn't have nice ones.  People
came to me all the time and told me it wasn't a Tiger (which of course I
knew and wasn't trying to impart) so I find it hard to believe that someone
doesn't know about whether theirs is real or not in a very short time. --
Bill --

I sent a couple of questions (and list subscription information) to the
guy that have gone unanswered. A heavy-handed approach would be to
contact eBay and report the auction as a fraud, but it may be the only
way to prevent the prospective bidders from ending up with a car they
didn't bargain for. He's "not claiming it is or is not a Tiger" but
that's only in the Q&A section of the listing, not in any other part of
the description.

However, given that eBay itself offers fraud protection, maybe it's best
to let it go on the assumption that the buyer knows what they're
getting, and if not they can go back to eBay (who will then presumably
take it out on Jesse)

Theo