Re: [Tigers] Need to find a company to pick up car and bring to me

To: "Dan Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>, "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Need to find a company to pick up car and bring to me
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 12:44:37 -0600
There was a recent discussion about car transportation on the Tiger list.  I
don't remember the details, but someone might be able to fill you in.
Several good companies were recommended, including passport transportation
(now part of FedEx Custom Critical). I was about to use them once, but ended
up not shipping the car, so all of my knowledge of them is very second hand,
but I heard good things.

Quotes vary, but I doubt any of the GOOD companies will be the absolute
cheapest.  Try to find some of the other recommended companies, and then
pick several of them with good reputations and see what kind of quotes you
get.

A word of warning, unless the car you are buying is a basket case, a cheap
car hauler may be a bad investment.  Cheap car transportation can lead to
car damage, slow pickup, slow delivery, no status on where your car is, etc
etc.  Not always, but for a classic car, I think I would spend a little more
time and money to have a little more piece of mind.

Steve