[Tigers] TAC - y - ness

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] TAC - y - ness
From: "Jeffrey Nichols" <jxnichols@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:46:01 -0400
"To conceal info or disseminate is the real dilemma. One can argue either side
of the question, that making the specifics of what makes a Tiger a Tiger or
keeping that info secret leads to fakes. I believe that full knowledge of the
info may be a better approach, what do others think? Since usually it is the
first time buyer that is most at risk why not provide the info? As technology
gets better and time passes better fakes will be seen what then?"

You will never get the full story on the differences between a bona fide Tiger
and a Alpine.  The info is a closely guarded secret known only to TAC
inspectors. It is said revealing the secret of TAC will get your ass branded
with a  VIN plate containing original rivets.   I once suggested that a web
site should at least list the major differences that are visible and difficult
to duplicate so a buyer has a reasonable chance of getting a "real" Tiger. The
response from TAC was that will never be done and I was shunned as a
non-believer in TAC.    The closest you will ever get to a listing of
differences  is Norm's web site  http://www.rootes1.com/index.asp.  Norm at
least will list fraudulent Tigers that he has found which no one  else will do
including the originators of TAC.

"So, short of loading up the Tiger and taking it to a far off location on one
of the coasts, what are we to do in the central part of the US for TAC
inspections?"

Short of holding a United in your backyard, start driving to Daytona!

                            Jeff