Re: [Tigers] Hammertone Paint

To: Mark Rense <kneedrag@core.com>, tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Hammertone Paint
From: Peter Laurinaitis <laurin212@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 13:06:42 -0700 (PDT)
i used rustoleum hammertone [grey? or silver?] from wal mart on a bead-blasted,
acid treated (eastwood product), well primered original air cleaner and it came
out fabulous, but i cant vouch for the exact hue as i have never seen an
original painted air cleaner with original paint. though i understand the
hammertone to be original.  i think it came out similar to what i have seen on
high dollar restorations so i assume they got the hue correct.

peter

--- Mark Rense <kneedrag@core.com> wrote:

> I went to buy a can of the Hammertone silver gray at Eastwood, they no
> longer carry the product line. I did a web dive and found two other paint
> distributors that used to carry it but recently dropped the line as well.
> Hmmm.
>
> Both Rustoleum and Krylon list a "Hammered Appearance" line of paints, does
> anyone have any experience with these? Are their silvers close enough to the
> original for our beloved air cleaners? Any idea as to a source for the
> Hammertone/Hammertite products?
>
> Bugz

Peter Laurinaitis
peter.laurinaitis.wg02@wharton.upenn.edu