Re: [Tigers] Clutch removal

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>,"Lon" <lon@sedona.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch removal
From: "Greg Koss" <Greg.Koss@trw.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 14:40:58 -0400
In college, I replaced the clutch in my driveway, in October, in Michigan, by
myself, no floor jack.  Used two sunbeam jacks and cinderblocks.  Removed
linkage, separated bellhousing from tranny and finagled transmission out on my
chest.  I do remember it being heavier than I expected.  Then it was several
frustrating hours getting the TO bearing on the shaft, on the arm and bolting
the housing and transmission together.

Where there's a will (and no money) there's a way!!

>>> "Lon" <lon@sedona.net> 9/26/2007 2:29 PM >>>
Currently Tigerless, however, on my first Tiger back in the late sixties, I
blew a clutch and had no hoists and such to do the job.  As I recall, I
unbolted everything, drive shaft to block and lifted the engine forward
(floor
jack) giving me just enough clearance to drop the trans . . . did I just get
lucky on this (aside from not killing myself).  At 19 then, fearless and
willing to accept challenges I won't today . . .

Lon