Re: [Tigers] Concrete Floor Waterproofing

To: "Dan Kuenzi" <shelbycuda@hotmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Concrete Floor Waterproofing
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 07:58:00 -0600
I think that part of that solution lies under the concrete, so you may
have to talk to a couple of concrete guys to make sure you get
everything done in order. In our new place, I had in-floor heating (via
recirculating heated water) installed. IIRC, they put down gravel,
plastic vapor barrier, reinforcing mesh, and the heating pipes, in that
order, and then poured the floor. After the concrete had cured (I think
I left it 30 days or so) I etched the floor with muriatic acid and
applied Behr 2-part garage floor epoxy. So far it's proved to be very
durable and resistant to pretty much anything I've spilled on it, which
includes small amounts of brake fluid.

Theo