Re: [Tigers] Powr-Lok

To: KJENSSEN@aol.com, TIGERS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET, alpines@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Powr-Lok
From: Sandy Ganz <sganz@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:11:51 -0700 (PDT)
Kirt -

I think that is a clutch plate version so you usually need the
additive if you run regular oil, or you can use some of the ones that have it.
I think Redline synthetic has 2 varient of oil one with one with out (Might
have the MS suffix to the part as I recall) I think they (redline) and other
sell the friction modifier for those type of diffs.  Check also with
Summit/Jegs they usually have that stuff as well. I have used the redline with
the additive and added a bit more when using the clutch type diff in another
car.

I think you can find the instruction for it on the Spicer site, but it
took some time to find the right area for the diffs when I was looking for the
truetrac stuff a while ago. I don't recall it being all that helpful other the
"you may be killed" type of warning and disclaimers :-)

Oh, and given the
haloween theme don't feel bad if you can't get any orange pumpkin juice for
the diff ;-)

Sandy