[Tigers] (Tigers) Rear Brakes/Pull Off Sring

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] (Tigers) Rear Brakes/Pull Off Sring
From: Scott Rekate <srekate@pacifier.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 13:37:36 -0700
Gentlemen,
In replacing my rear brake shoes this weekend and carefully following
the shop manual I discovered there was no refitting explanation for
reinstalling the the upper pull off spring.  While comparing the
configuration of slots in the shoe web on the other side it was noted
that a different slot choice other than what is pictured in the
manual was used.  The existing pull off spring has a +/-6 inch spread
and the slot nearest the steady post on the rear drum was used.  The
manual shows the first slot of the rear shoe being used which would
lessen the distance to +/-4.75 inches.  The spring measures 4 1/4
inches hook/hook.  How on earth does one stretch the spring to the
proper distance and hook to the slot from the backside.

Does anyone remember the procedure to possibly help me out?  Thanks
in advance.

Scott Rekate
B382000659