[Tigers] [Fwd: Re: Generator/Alternator??? (Smit, Theo)]

To: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] [Fwd: Re: Generator/Alternator??? (Smit, Theo)]
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:08:58 -0800
owain should have hit reply all...

mayf

-------- Original Message --------
Subject:        Re: [Tigers] Generator/Alternator??? (Smit, Theo)
Date:   Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:34:35 -0600
From:   Owain Lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com>
To:     drmayf@mayfco.com

Speaking of which, what have you guys had out your toploader equipped
tigers?  I've briefy had 100 out of mine but it was too loud and scary
to keep it up for more than one overtaking move.  My shifter vibrates
terribly over about 3000 rpm and 100mph is just over about 4000rpm I
think.   Nothing like as relaxing as cruising at 155 on the limiter in
the audi for 2 hours while the wife is sleeping - and that beast only
has a mild 250hp!

Is that vibration normal or has some previous owner messed up the
mating of the trans to the bell housing?