[Tigers] Alternator,MC,ect.

To: <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Alternator,MC,ect.
From: "Hugh Guynes" <hguynes@cinci.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 20:52:34 -0500
I just looked at my link,didn't mean to dump all the pictures.

 Theo,
             The picture of the small alternator is from a Dan Rosenthal's
vintage race Tiger. The belt alignment is stock. The alternator is so small
that the top is even with lip of the valve cover.

 Larry,
            The the dual master setup was done by Doug Jennings of Tiger Auto.
The size is 5/8 ,one works the front the other the back. The back brakes are
disks (Fiat). Dual masters with a balance bar is the same setup that the Cobra
uses. The pedal is firm but I can lock the brakes even with good size tires
(205/50 15 front, 225/45 15 back).

  Curt,
             That 's the same car you saw at Paul's Automotive. That was my
first Tiger that I owned from 1982-86. Dan has owned the car now for over 20
years and 3 years ago started vintage racing. The motor is a 289 with iron
heads that made 370 hp on the dyno. The motor is very similar to Tom Patton's
race motor,just less cam and compression.