Re: [Tigers] LAT 46 Disc brakes

To: "Bob Dixon" <bobdixon@frii.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] LAT 46 Disc brakes
From: "Buck Trippel" <BuckTrippel@Verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 19:37:48 -0800
Hi Bob,

On the Sports Car Forum Tiger we have an original Doanne Spencer built &
homologated Dana 23 posi rear end that includes the Damlier SP 250 disc
brakes (as well as full floating axles with knock offs). We've raced it for
the past 5 years in General Racing events along the west coast, including
the last 2 Monterey Historics.

The rear end kit with the disc brakes was  probably the rarest LAT option.
Dave Stone owns at least one of these setups as well. Thats all I've been
able to locate and I've asked a lot of people.

Doanne homolgated the Damlier disc brakes in 1965 & they were used in SCCA B
Production racing in 1965 & 1966. However I believe that in 1967 the
homologation for LAT options were rescinded & the Tiger was dropped to C
Production.

Curiously, Don Sesslar drove the Sports Car Forum Tiger in late 1964 & in
1965. By the time the LAT options came up for review by the SCCA rules
committee he was its chairman. Don insited on recusing himself from all
Tiger related matters and even went so far as to leave the building until
the LAT options issue was decided. To this day, he wants everyone to know he
had absolutely nothing to do it.
Let me know what you need to learn about the brakes & I'll try to help you
out.

Buck Trippel