[Tigers] 289s bored to 260

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] 289s bored to 260
From: Dick Barker <dickbarker@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 15:59:33 -0800
At 03:24 PM 11/28/2007, Jim Armstrong wrote:
>For instance, my 260 has three freeze plugs per side: that mean
>according to the data books I have that it is a 289 block bored to 260.

Oh my gosh, not that hogwash again! I thought that notion was dead
and buried long ago! By "data books," you can only mean Chittenden's
Performance Tuning book. Even the reprints still have that claim!

I give up. I'm just too old now for more stuff about big men with
sledge hammers, MK Is built with 289's, counting freeze plugs, etc.......

Dick