Re: [Tigers] British Rubber

To: <Landcmitch@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] British Rubber
From: "Tigerman" <Tigerman67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:27:13 -0700
I'm not sure how effective it would be in restoring parts that are already
hardened, but on my motorcycle, there are a couple of rubber grommets that
hold on the side covers, and in order to keep them in decent shape, I use a
silicone based grease.  It makes popping those side covers on/off alot
easier. The silicone is suppose to not negatively effect rubber and plastic.
I think I got the idea from my scuba diving gear which uses a food grade
silicone spray and grease.  Since I didn't believe I needed food grade, and
the amount of grease sold at a scuba diving store is very small, I looked
for it in autoparts stores.  I though I remember having troubling finding a
pure silicone grease that didn't have anything else in it, but I did find
some tubes of it at Napa, but don't remember the exact product name, other
than I think it was a Napa branded product.

Steve