Re: [Tigers] e bay Alger 140189086032

To: <un-cole-a@juno.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] e bay Alger 140189086032
From: "Cullen McCann" <CMcCann@lwpb.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 13:22:05 -0600
My thoughts too. I emailed Norm this morning to inquire if he had any
opinion, havent heard from him yet. I copied Theo on the email because
he was one of the first to respond having looked at it so closely, and I
referenced his analysis in the email. I havent contacted the seller yet,
and I'm not really in the market for another Tiger but a good deal is
hard to pass up if it were the real deal. Honestly...I'm hesitant to
tell the seller all we have discussed, in case somebody can go up there
and buy that car cheap like it is now. Heck, for all I know the seller
is on the list!

-------------------
After reading some of the e mails I went back and looked at this car
again.
It's hard to believe this isn't a Tiger, who ever did the conversion
went to great lengths and I would say expense to build a clone.
The vin plate is very strange, it looks like they cut out the original
plate and inserted the Alpine plate. The vin# is for a SIV Alpine built
in the week of 8/10-8/14 1964. The color code is 58, what color is that?
I went to the SAOCA site but 58 is not listed as a color code. But it
has to be a color because it's on the vin plate.
The seats look like they are Type 2 seats.
I bet this is a Tiger with a dubious past and they don't wants to open
up a can of worms.
Any of the PA local guys willing to take a look?
Haven't heard from Norm on this one yet.

Tim
9470149