Re: [Tigers] repro park/turn light housing

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>, "Peter MacDonald" <macdonald49@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] repro park/turn light housing
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 12:09:43 -0800
Peter,
 I searched for a #97 bulb image on Google, but found none. From your
description I assume this is a bulb with opposing side pins  that both index
the bulb and with a slight twist cause the bulb to lock in place?

Recently I had to replace a VERY standard, 1157 bulb. I could not get this
new bulb to "lock in." After a closer look I found the glass part of the
bulb where it attached to the metal base, though tapered was bulged wider
than the original bulb I removed. Thus, this prevented the new bulb going
deep enough into the socket. While this bulb might still fit the majority of
sockets out there, on the car I was replacing it on, it did not.

Anyway, you might want to see if that is the problem.

Tom