[Tigers] Pertronix and Solid-Conductor Ignition Wires

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Tigers] Pertronix and Solid-Conductor Ignition Wires
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 20:21:41 -0500
I'm planning to run Pertronix ignition in my MK1A.  Pertronix installation
information tells you not to use their module with solid-conductor ignition
wires.  I can understand why Pertronix would have a problem with solid wires
and conventional plugs, but I would suspect that if you were to run solid
wires and resistor plugs that the pertronix module couldn't tell the
difference.  I would like to run solid wires and resistor plugs.  Does
anyone know if this is a safe combination for Pertronix of if it's still a
no-no.