Re: [Tigers] synthetic gear lube

To: Mike Michels <mmichels@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] synthetic gear lube
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:53:40 -0800
Tigers,

My rebuilt Tiger MK II gearbox, the rebuilder's advice, was used with
the Sunbeam recommended gear oil for 1,000 miles.  After this "break-in"
we drained and refilled with Mobil 1 GEAR OIL (not motor oil!).

After the oil change I was immediately struck with the slick, and easy
shifting.  No loss of oil, so LONG TIME between drain and refill.

Highly recommended.  BTW: It will not "fix" a bad box.

Steve

___
Steve Laifman
Editor - TigersUnited.com