[Tigers] Header coating

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Header coating
From: "Ronak, TP \(Timothy\)" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:42:37 -0500
Listers,

OK I had my headers coated at Caps Bright Hot in Fresno CA. This is Sean
Fords Brother-in-law as I recall. He coated mine inside and outside with
2 different ceramic coatings. It is now 5 years later with no special
care given and they look to me the same as when they went in except for
some oil burned o to the lower side which cleaned off with the "Header
Sh!t" that they provided. I can not say enough about them.

 Also I coated mine before fitting and had the dent mine in three
places. I masking taped a ball peen hammer rounded end and then placed
header on a large soft towel and then located the hammer right where I
wanted the clearance and hit the ball peent with a sledge to dent it.
NONE OF THE MATERIAL CAME OFF. In fact when I talked to the guys they
asked if I marked the coating and I said that I had a slight mark where
the tape was not thick enough on the ball peen hammer (Use three layers
NOT TWO). They told me to bring them on up and they would see what they
could do to take care of it. I showed up ... they literally buffed the
marks out while I waiting and it has adhered perfectly ever since.

Just try and do that with Jet Hot ... My buddy has it and it was quite
brittle. If anyone wants to see them I am at the Ford show in Irvine
most Saturdays when I am in town and suggest you check out their work.

Can't sell this product hard enough ... they did a great job for me
whether they give the club a break or not.

Best Regards,

Tim Ronak
Services Consultant

Akzo Nobel Coatings