Re: [Tigers] Trans

To: "'Ronak, TP (Timothy)'" <Timothy.Ronak@crna.akzonobel.com>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Trans
From: "Jim" <jim@island.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 20:30:15 -0800
I've got a close ratio with 3.54's ...so freeway cruising is pretty much
hopeless...!

 I DO have a recently acquired '82 AMC tailhousing that I'd like to use for
a T5 swap... I've read Dan Walter's article about it on the Tiger's United
site but I think the contact info is out of date...Does anyone have contact
info for him...? or other info on what's required to do this swap? I was
thinking of taking a 3.35 Mustang trans and putting in the z-spec 2.95 gear
set to handle the torque...and a .68 fifth would give me about a 2.40 top
ratio...but don't know the finer points of making it all fit...

Jim
382000446