[Tigers] lug nut replacement

To: Beamclub <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] lug nut replacement
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 18:17:20 -0800 (PST)
Lots of lug nut/hub talk recently. I just removed the
hub and it came of very easily, a couple taps w/ a
brass hammer and it slid right off BUT there is no way
to replace the two broken lug bolts. They appear to be
the same size as the ones I borrowed from an Alpine
front suspension.My next move is obvious, I have to
remove the axel or at least pull it out enough to get
the longest broken bolt out and two replacements in.
After 36 years of Tigering, Ive never had to pull an
axle. It is obvious there are 4 nuts attached to the
aaxle housing, so my questions is. "Will the axle pull
right out after removing everything behind the hub OR
do I have to open the rearend and remove a keeper of
some sort, so I can then pull the axle"? Im going to
search for my shop book now but Im hoping for a
quickee from the List. Also for Theo, I think,
drilling a hole in the backing plate wont work becuse
of the plate and nuts on the hub side of the backing
plate. It appears you would be drilling into major
parts in order to get cose enough to angle the new
studs in BUT I wish that would work. Thanks ahead of
time for any and all responses. Owain, I now see the
problems you are having. Thanks again, TonytheTiger