[Tigers] wheel spacers and studs

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] wheel spacers and studs
From: Peter MacDonald <macdonald49@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 15:35:46 -0800
I believe the problem is the shape of the brake drum(dished) and the
shape of the wheel-not the offset. My Cosmics are flat on the inside
all the way from center to rim. If you torque them down the would
distort without the spacer because they would only rest on the outer
diameter of the drum. Some spoked wheels will rest flat against the
centre part and are shaped enough to curve around the drum.

When I got my car it had numerous bent and broken wheel studs. I
replaced them with slighter longer Rootes ones. I don't see the part#
written in my book but I can check and see if I can find it. They
came from another Rootes brand, not an Alpine or Tiger.

Peter