Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] Messed up Series V tach

To: "'David Woerpel'" <dwoerpel@wi.net>, <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] [Alpines] Messed up Series V tach
From: "Ross" <ross_hulse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 21:35:03 -0800
Andy,

My first thought is this is a race car.  Do you have a hot coil and
electronic ignition components in the distributor?
These tachs were not set up to handle the rise time and amplitude on the
pickup.
Tom Hall engineering has a fix for that if want it. Go to this link and
click on Tech Tips.  http://66.175.58.218/

Ross "Commodore Blues"

Loop too large?  Had that happen on a Sprite.  Just a thought.
Dave

awtiger@cox.net wrote:
> (Sorry to bomb the Tiger list with this, but I figured that since Tigers
have roughly the same tach setup as Alpines, I'd bounce this off of you
guys, too...)